Wednesday, December 28, 2011

I think I broke my hair straightener, 110W to 220W?

i dunno i get mixed up, so i got these very expensive hair straighteners from the states i think it was 110W so then I came to Mongolia and over here they use 220W i think I basically plugged in my hairstraightener and BOOM!! and now it doesnt work anymore. can i fix it?I think I broke my hair straightener, 110W to 220W?
Your confusing W (watts) with what should be V for Volts


You plugged in a 110 VAC hairdryer into a 220 vac outlet, essentially supplying it twice the intended voltage. If the hairdryer had an internal protection device such as a fuse you might be able to save it, otherwise you probably opened up the heating element, rendering it useful for the trashcan.
  • bloom-
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment