Tuesday, January 31, 2012

My hair straightener says that it is safe to use on wet hair...but I'm not sure if I trust it.?

I was always taught that water and electricity don't mix. Plus the straightener says to avoid electrical shock, don't get water on it. Isn't using it on wet hair getting water on it?? I'm confused!! Seriously, is it okay?? I have a Cortex, by the way, and it's not the wet to dry kind.My hair straightener says that it is safe to use on wet hair...but I'm not sure if I trust it.?
Well, wet to dry straighteners means that you can use it on your hair when it's really damp. Not when it's soaking wet, so as long as you don't drop it in a vat of water or use it on your soaking wet hair, you're fine. I read that some people think taht using it wet hair causes more damage. Not really, not for me anyways. As long as I'm not pulling on my hair, then it's all fine. When you're using your starightener, use your common sense and read the instructions.My hair straightener says that it is safe to use on wet hair...but I'm not sure if I trust it.?
The appliance itself will be ok, its your hair that probably wont.





When you run a 350+ degree flatiron over wet hair, you are basically ironing wet clothes if you know what I mean. Youd be better off pouring boiling water on your hair. I had a client come in to the salon after using one on her hair over the weekend and it looked like she took a lighter to the last 2 inches of her hair.





Not to say that another flatiron on DRY hair ISNT damaging because they all are but you can coat dry hair with a dry thermal protectant (Vavoom Iron-in control, or Sleek.look Iron Smoother) and get better results then a wet/dry iron!!
I have a Wet2Straight hair iron, and I used it on my wet hair before and I refuse to use it again when my hair is wet.


Only because the sizzle of it makes me wonder if I'm doing any permanent damage to my hair.


Using a flat iron isn't really recommended in the first place, but to use it while your hair is WET is another story. I would imagine this could cause split ends.


I guess everyone's hair is different. But I wouldn't do it again.
You can do it if you want to, but you should have your hair at least 80% dry before straightening it. when you straighten your hair wet, it pulls all of the moisture from your hair; it will sizzle and release steam. doing this will damage your hair further. i suggest making sure its mostly dry first otherwise your hair will be fried.
its fine ur not going 2 get electricuted or anything but these straightners are soo sooo bad for your hair when used on wet hair! im sure its fine to use on dry hair but i really would not recommend using it on on wet hair. as my hairdresser said dont u think that GHD would have made a wet-dry straightner by now if they were ok for your hair?
if it is not the wet to dry straightener, then no, i would probably keep it away from wet hair. it is not a good idea to use a straightener on wet hair anyways unless it was designed for it.
I have one of those.


It works fine.


You won't die. :]





They're just talking about like if you dropped it into a bucket of water -- then you're in trouble.


But if you're sliding it across your wet hair you're good.
Hello, have you ever heard of throwing a toaster in a bath tub full of water? It is very dangerous and you should let your hair dry first. Be safe and don't let your hair burn!
no my straightener is wet to dry and its fine! its the plug that cant get wet. and i think the manufactors know better than you!
yeah i think it will be fine





i use a hair straightner on wet hair





and so does my hair dresses
  • acne scars
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment