Sunday, February 12, 2012

I just burnt my finger. Not too bad, just on my hair straightener. What should I do?

Put your finger under running cool water for 1 minute. Then dress with a non adhesive bandaid. If it blisters don't pop it but keep it bandaged. Don't apply any creams.


Hope it feels betterI just burnt my finger. Not too bad, just on my hair straightener. What should I do?
***First, run cool (not cold) water over the burned area (if water isn't available, any cold, drinkable fluid can be used) or hold a clean, cold compress on the burn for approximately 3 to 5 minutes (do not use ice, as it may cause the burn to take longer to heal).


***Don't apply butter, grease, powder, or any other remedies to the burn, as these increase the risk of infection.


***Then, loosely cover it with a gauze pad or bandage.





It should Help! :)I just burnt my finger. Not too bad, just on my hair straightener. What should I do?
Ditto on the Aloe Vera Gel - you can buy the gel in any drug store or even grocery stores, if you can't find the plant.





I burned my hand just tonight and went right for the aloe. It's amazing.
I haven't tried this but my mom has. Rub some Vannilla Extract on it and it should take the burn right out. My mom says it works every time





Tell me if it works for you.
put ice on it for an hour, ice it for a few mins, then remove ice for a min or two repeat for atleast a full hour.
Ooooh I'm sorry honey. I'm 12 and I burnt mine when I was helping my grandma cut a pie that just came out of the oven. I was holding the pan for her and Owww! it hurt!! So, I put it in cold water with ice in a small cup, like a glass Coffee Mug works the best. I have a Aloe Vera plant and what you do is snap a little piece of it off (that's what it's made for, a remedy, don't worry!), then just rub the gel-like stuff inside of it as you would with Neosporin. Good luck hope you feel better!!
dont listen to the first girl!!! put it in warm ater, not cold water, cold water can feel good or bad due to the DRASTICchange in temperature but warm water will assure that there is no prmanent scar after the burn has healed.
Put it in cold water.

No comments:

Post a Comment